Tubbataha Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is anybody interested in 3-tanks day trips from Puerto Princesa (Palawan) to the world-famous Tubbataha Reef?
We are working on a project to make it possible.
You can also reply to FB: Adventure Dive Tubbataha Reef
Your response will be appreciated.

Hi there

Absolutely , would definitely be interested.

Good luck

Agree with Tippy, my wife and I are interested in a trip to Tubbataha.

Sounds interesting. Would that be on a regular basis ?

Hello Virginie,

we are at present working on this project, but as it is very complex this will still need time.
If all goes according to plan, we will offer daily trips, of course depending on the weather and sea conditions.

I am a bit confused. Tubbataha Reef is a UNESCO World Heritage site with restricted diving that is only accessible by liveaboards. As far as I can tell, the national park controls fishing and diver permits. From Puerto Princesa, its about a 10± hr trip to Tubbahata. What type of dive project are you considering?

Hello Charlier,

the Great Barrier Reef, Rock Islands in Palau, Mt. Kinabalu, etc. are all UNESCO World Heritage sites and have thousands of visitors every year.
The problem with the Tubbataha Reef is that it is far away from land and we are checking the possibilities and interest in day-trips.
Of course, we will only start this project once we have all necessary permits and licences.
Up to now only the safari-boats are there as they have no competition. Also there are no fast and safe boats for this kind of trip in PP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom