PDC/Cozumel area vs northern Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pyro_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Heading out on vacation to belize and Mexico in a couple of weeks and still tossing around what to do for my second week

The first week I will at glovers atoll in southern belize.

For the second week it is a toss up as to go to caye caulker for three days and then spend a couple of days in the PDC/Cozumel area. Or just to had strait up to Mexico and skip out on caulker completly.

I have been to caulker before and enjoyed it so know what I am getting into there. Have never been to Mexico before.

If I do go to caulker it will only be for diving around there and AC. Did the shallow dive at the blue hole last time and have no interest in doing it again

Any thoughts on one or the other that I should consider? Or any other place in the area I should think about?

Thanks

You could pop up into Xcalak or Majahual!

Just spent a few days diving in the area. Did a great day of diving at Turneffe Atoll in Belize, but enjoyed the diving more in Cozumel the next day. I would go for Cozumel unless you are shooting a lot of video or stills. The currents in Cozumel and the drift diving are not great if you have a camera in your hand and like to take your time framing your shots.

If you want to do Land-Based activities, like Mayan Ruins and cave hikes, I would stick to Belize while you are there.
PDC has lots of Mayan ruins also, as well as some really nice land-based non-diver activities. There are some really fun non-diver waterparks with snorkeling, too. There are also cenotes for experienced divers.
Cozumel is for DIVING, and the diving there is the best of the 3 areas you have mentioned, by a MILE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom