December trip - Dive and Surf?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adshaikh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We are looking for places where two of the four can dive and two can learn to surf. Any recommendations?
The two divers are beginners with 12 dives.

Costa Rica or Hawaii...

Bali. When I had a stopover in Kuta last year, a short walk to the beach led to some great surf, 2 people out (where I was), and rentals/lessons right there. I last surfed about a hundred years ago, and is was very tempting (unlike the mushrooms some aussies offered to share with me), but I passed on both. I hear the diving on Bali (I don't know if there is typically diving on that side of the island?) is great- Komodo sure was. The cost once there seems hard to beat too.

I'd head to Bali and/or neighbouring islands! Loads of spots for learning to surf and also for diving! If you're wanting to spend time together after the 'in water' activities maybe go for Nusa Lembongan it's also a place for learning to surf and diving is an option also with some relatively easy sites too.

I'm not a surfer so I can't really recommend the best place to learn how to surf but for the diving you could look up Dive The World, they have an excellent reputation and really good reviews. The island itself is beautiful and you can enjoy time on the beach, gorgeous sunsets, other water sports, cheap trips into the Mangroves and even explore the nearby Islands. Beautiful :)

We'd love to go to Bali, but the travel time is too much. We are bound by the academic calendar. We've picked Big Island Hawaii.

Surfing availability isn't geographically co-located with any remarkable (same port of departure) SCUBA diving. "Passable" levels in such a combination are the only option I've ever noted.

Still, though, a fun combination. Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom