Diving in Nova Scotia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlie tuna

Reaction score
am planning on going to Nova Scotia to do some diving in the Lunenburg area to dive Seal Rock, The Muff, and a few other dive sites. Has any fellow diver ever been to these dive sites and are they as good as they say it is. Going in Aguust and taking the ferry out of Portland, ME. any feed back to make the trip a more pleasant one will be of great help.

hey Charlie..

I live in NS but I've only been down to Lunenberg to dive a few times. There is an artificial reef... the former HMCS Saguenay, that is an interesting dive.
Seal rock is a blast, we got some fantastic pictures.... If you lie on your back and wiggle your fins the seal pups will actually come up and tug on your fin tips.... it was fantastic! The bigger seals don't come too close, but the pups will come right up to you.
Those are the only 2 areas I've hit down that way. The shop that used to operate in Lunenberg is now closed, so there's no fill station nearby. The closest I know of are in Yarmouth and Halifax, there may be something closer, but I am not aware of any.
I can recommend one charter operator from personal experience...Capt. Bill Flower of Lunenberg Ocean Adventures, (902) 634-4833.
Something else you may consider is shark cage diving. Bill has a cage, he takes you offshore about 20 km or so, and drops the cage in the water. After some chumming, some sharkys come sniffing about, and in the cage you go. They've had up to 12 Blue sharks in one sitting, but average is more like 3 or 4. My wife sent a story on it to Diver Magazine, the article and pics are in the March issue. It's a Canadian mag, so I don't know if you guys have it.
I hope this helps a bit, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I hope you have a great trip...

chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom