Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Swan Island Honduras

Frequent Poster

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199

Swan Island Honduras

I signed up for a dive trip to swan island for june 05. I've not found much info on the island. Have any of you people dove there before? Any info will help, Thanks

ScubaBoard Supporter

Go Red - Support SB!

Trying to stay out of trouble

One kilometer high on the Texas High Plains
    Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    A Google Search will give you lots of hits, and a Search here on SB will give you a few.

So, tell us more about your plans...?
    You can test the tanks you breathe or - dive on hope.
    Testing is safer...

Great news for vacation divers who cannot talk themselves into buying a personal CO tank tester!

>> Rent one for a week or longer here <<

Yeah it's just the air we breath - at depth!

Registered

Softail

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    I've looked at info about Swan Island, which until last year I didn't know that it existed.
    Swan is a ways below the Caymans and looks that they are not currently much of any inhabitants. Swan used to be a military post, but it has fizzled out. I saw a picture of what looks like a beach but upon research there doesn't appear to be much of anything other than rock or old coral cliffs similar to the bluff on the Brac. There was a liveaboard reported to maybe go there, but I heard that the seas are quite rough year around. Now you know everything that I've learned so far about the Swan Islands.

Caymaniac

Frequent Poster

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Hi Don, We're taking the aggressor out of roatan and diving the island for a week and then returning to roatan and diving for a couple of days. Want to go?

LVX
    Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Did you ever go to Swan Island. Just curious because it looks like I might be headed there next year...

ScubaBoard Supporter

Go Red - Support SB!

Trying to stay out of trouble

One kilometer high on the Texas High Plains
    Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by LVX View Post
    Did you ever go to Swan Island. Just curious because it looks like I might be headed there next year...
    Flatwood hasn't logged in for over a month. You may do better to Search and post questions in the Central America forum.
    You can test the tanks you breathe or - dive on hope.
    Testing is safer...

Great news for vacation divers who cannot talk themselves into buying a personal CO tank tester!

>> Rent one for a week or longer here <<

Yeah it's just the air we breath - at depth!

Doc
    Was RoatanMan

Paint what you feel

Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year with 140# of dive gear. And now, for a running total of Water-logged
    Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Photos
    DandyDon is right, but I gotta ask...

How do you plan on getting there and how you going to dive?

It's a good thing to do, but when I last looked, no dive op infrastructure whatsoever. I did it aboard a small ship (aka a large boat)

P.S.- It's alive!

Could this be a revival of the oldest previously considered dead thread? Where do you report-in with this kind of three year old stuff?
    Doc Adelman PADI way before there was numbers
    ​............This is weird -> u/w micro pix .......................
    SeaDrops Plutonium: Refined from glistening beads of perspiration gently blotted from the downy
    naked inner thighs of our private stable of free-range virginSwedish Divemistresses.
    ..........................................(Demand it at your SCUBA retailer and pay the highest price~ this alone ensures it's better mask defogger than toothpaste)

Frequent Poster

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    No I didn't, they pulled our permit. How are you going there? This place is very high on my places to go.