Best place to become professional

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sebadiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I hope it's the right section of the forum for this message . I'm a rescue diver padi , thinking about becoming an instructor. What do you think is the best place to study to become an instructor and improve my English?

I'm thinking about philippines ( low cost of living ) or Malta .

:) Thank you

Hi,

I hope it's the right section of the forum for this message . I'm a rescue diver padi , thinking about becoming an instructor. What do you think is the best place to study to become an instructor and improve my English?

I'm thinking about philippines ( low cost of living ) or Malta .

:) Thank you

hope you realise a divemaster has to be done between rescue and OWSI.
I dont know you personally but Malta is such a great island for diving. Id jump at the chance to do work there. Diving is great and so is the whole atmosphere of the country. I know alot of dive centres offer internships. My personal reccomendation would be Maltaqua in Buggiba

Sebadiver
I think the best answer is where you intend to teach. If you are planning to work in the Med then doing your training there will help.
Malta is a good place to improve your English so would be a good choice.
This will also allow you to expand your network, a vital resource if you want to work as an instructor.
Multiple languages will be a great help in getting work.
Other useful skills are blending nitrox etc, boat master, any medical skills, mechanic, if you can pick these up along the way it will improve your chances of working in the industry.

hope you realise a divemaster has to be done between rescue and OWSI.
I dont know you personally but Malta is such a great island for diving. Id jump at the chance to do work there. Diving is great and so is the whole atmosphere of the country. I know alot of dive centres offer internships. My personal reccomendation would be Maltaqua in Buggiba

Of course, divemaster is the first step .... Maltaqua has good instructors? :wink:

---------- Post added August 28th, 2014 at 04:55 PM ----------

Sebadiver
I think the best answer is where you intend to teach. If you are planning to work in the Med then doing your training there will help.
Malta is a good place to improve your English so would be a good choice.
This will also allow you to expand your network, a vital resource if you want to work as an instructor.
Multiple languages will be a great help in getting work.
Other useful skills are blending nitrox etc, boat master, any medical skills, mechanic, if you can pick these up along the way it will improve your chances of working in the industry.

in the future I would like to relocate to Asia / Oceania .... I'd like to start with divemaster and gas blender , shelter and settle myself my equipment ..... however I need certification, do you have any advice for me? Do you know if scubapro / mares have specific certifications?

In the future I would like to relocate to Asia / Oceania
Consider Thailand - they do a lot of dive training there. Some of it not so good - zero to hero programs. IDK which are better.

Roatan/Utila - in the Honduran Bay Islands - might be another good option. It's mostly English speaking, they do a lot of dive training on both islands and it's very reasonable to live there. Almost exclusively PADI also. Many of the shops even offer discounted accommodations while training.

Some that I know of/know something about:

Go Pro Caribbean/Coconut Tree Divers
Barefoot Divers
Dockside at Cocoview

Utila Dive College
Bay Islands College of Diving
Altons

TGI Diving based in Italy also runs a program on Roatan. They provide diving for 3 resorts and training.

Consider Thailand - they do a lot of dive training there. Some of it not so good - zero to hero programs. IDK which are better.

Roatan/Utila - in the Honduran Bay Islands - might be another good option. It's mostly English speaking, they do a lot of dive training on both islands and it's very reasonable to live there. Almost exclusively PADI also. Many of the shops even offer discounted accommodations while training.

Some that I know of/know something about:

Go Pro Caribbean/Coconut Tree Divers
Barefoot Divers
Dockside at Cocoview

Utila Dive College
Bay Islands College of Diving
Altons

TGI Diving based in Italy also runs a program on Roatan. They provide diving for 3 resorts and training.

At the beginning of August I have been to Ko Tao in Thailand ...... everyone says " paradise of diving " , perhaps because they have not seen the red sea ..... or the island of Ustica in southern Italy...... Then the security is very low, boats do not respect the distance, fishermen who sail at 5 meters by divers

thanks for the tip of Honduras, I'm reading online about ...

Check out Hidden Depths and Lanta Diver on Koh Lanta, Thailand... Beautiful island and great diving with a low cost of living too...

koh lanta seem really a nice place, are there also technical courses ( trimix ) ?

---------- Post added September 7th, 2014 at 11:28 AM ----------

I am currently doing a Eco-divemaster internship with Barefoot Divers in Roatan.

I think is a very good idea " ECO-divemaster " i've seen a lot of scuba divers around the world, only a few respect the environment ..... teach the respect of ecosystem, is essential for the new divers ( I'm not a biologist is only my personal opinion)

Last edited by a moderator:
koh lanta seem really a nice place, are there also technical courses ( trimix ) ?

Yes, there's some tech diving here too. Lanta is the best jumping off point for diving Hin Daeng/Hin Muang, where it's possible to hit 70m+. Also very close by is Song Hong and Khao Sok if you're interested in cave diving...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom