Divemaster Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Time

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Calling all divers new and old or to those that haven't experienced the joy of diving before we have started a new course called Boot Camp please take a look and any feedback would be appreciated, if your looking at getting into diving but always thought it will be too expensive please also take a look at what we're offering up there is also also going to be a special package attached that we're going to be releasing next Saturday.

Happy diving everyone and we hope to see you in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/dtportugal...21877001438/10152631728796439/?type=1&theater

Why not share the info here instead trying to drive interested people to FaceBook? It's the equivalent of running a magazine or TV ad that says nothing but "Come Visit Our Website." People come to SB - and stay on SB for a while at a time - so you're going to limit the number of people who see your info to that handful of people who will actually leave SB to go somewhere else.

You've got people's attention right here in the thread... take advantage of it.

Ray

Hi Ray I;m new to all of this and unsure of how to insert the picture as it say's URL? Oh the infamous spelling error it has been corrected on an updated version that I was hoping to put on here but as stated,I'm unsure on how to put it on here any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Hi Ray I;m new to all of this and unsure of how to insert the picture as it say's URL? Oh the infamous spelling error it has been corrected on an updated version that I was hoping to put on here but as stated,I'm unsure on how to put it on here any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Copy the Image URL, and then click on the "Insert Image" button above the posting window. (It's a framed photo of a tree.)

10463020_10152631728796439_6557792667637468563_n.jpg

Hmmm...that could be construed as an Ad, which is not allowed in this Forum. Best to read the posting rules first.

I thought that this area was for new divers and training etc ?

---------- Post added February 15th, 2015 at 04:00 PM ----------

Thank you for that Ray hopefully i can find the right place to put this with the updated version :)

---------- Post added February 15th, 2015 at 04:09 PM ----------

So can I ask for your thoughts on the course whilst you're here we're looking for feedback as well at the moment I want to know what peoples feelings are towards the concept as far as what's involved, cost and the general package overall?

If I'm reading the ad right, open water to divemaster in 4 weeks? Not someone I would ever trust to lead a dive. I don't even think it's possible to properly teach all those courses in 4 weeks.

too fast to go through all of that, you might be able to check all of PADI's boxes in 4 weeks, but there is no way I'd hire someone that went through that type of course. Keep in mind my bias but I don't think you can realistically do all of that safely and thoroughly in less than a year. There is no time to actually go out and dive, so as divemasters they don't have the experience to deal with problems. Sure they've been drilled, but it's unlikely they could safely respond to a situation.

You're averaging 2.5 dives/day with no time for rest in between, that's not enough time to cover all of the classroom stuff and diving, certainly not fitness training, you're going to bend someone like a damned pretzel with 3 dives/day and fitness training. 4 weeks would be sufficient if they were already AOW/Rescue certified, but not to start from nothing and go up through divemaster.

Zero to Hero course, only difference from the other ones is it's colder than Thailand

Back
Top Bottom