Divemaster course in Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrafZahl

New
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am planning to do my Divemaster course this summer (i have 8 weeks to do it) somewhere in SE Asia around Thailand/Vietnam or the Philippines. I have looked up many dive shops and their reviews in Asia, but am finding it quiet overwhelming! So i would love to hear some recommendations based on your own experience (good/bad)! I´m up to discover new countries, wich are not on my list so please give me everything your personal reviews has to offer!

I am looking for a good dive shop which is not focused on being a "factory", i want to earn my license and not just pay for it. Also i would
prefer a nice laid-back diving location which offers a variety of sea life and dive sites, instead of a party town.

I am really looking forward for your help and tipps!

Cheers,
Severin

/Edit: Maybe I should mention that i have done my OW, AOW and Rescue with Easy Divers base on Koh Tao, Thailand.

Last edited:
Hello, I am in a very similar situation as you are. From the advice I have gathered I have started to really look based on where my first choice to actually work in the industry would be as well as who the actual instructor for your particular course will be. If the center has a good reputation then they should have good relationships with other dive operators in the area and could help get you placed with the knowledge you gain in regards to the local dive sites, local conditions and regulations that are key for a good dive master to have a working knowledge of. During the 8 weeks you have you should be able to dive and map the most popular sites in the area. The instructor actually teaching your course is important due to the fact just because a (27 time platinum, emerald, gold, turquoise, sapphire) award winning course director may be at the center but may not be your instructor for your DM course. Lastly I have read from several divers that are looking to advance their diving skills and knowledge but aren't actually planning to work as a dive master or instructor, the advice I have read for that situation is you get more skills from taking specialty courses then the DM course.

I hope you find what you are looking for, ONE LOVE

Hi Severin!

If you don't like do it in a factory and you like to dive with a great marine life such as millions of Sardines for example. In Moalboal, Cebu, Philippines we have loads of that, the training sites are just infront of the shop with millions of Sardines swimming around! Loads of other critters, amazing wall dives and a great place to be and do your training.

Hi Severin :)

Are you already 18? You must be at least 18 years of age to enrol on the PADI Divemaster course - and ANY other professional level PADI course or program!
Other than that requirement: lots of enthusiasm, a great attitude, and the certifications you already have, which are OW, AOW, ResQ (how about an updated Basic First Aid/CPR qualification?)
The reason I ask your age, is because you mention you have ‘8 weeks this SUMMER’, which (I’m just assuming!) is due to educational responsibilities :wink:

On a professional scuba diving internship, you’ll definitely EARN your certification because it’s more than just learning the diving course requirements – it’s the whole dive lifestyle/experience.
South East Asia is one of the most popular destinations for divers to choose for the dive training of their Go PRO career – for obvious reasons – its nice and warm temperatures!

Downbelow Marine and Wildlife Adventures is a travel and tours operator in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, that also conduct PADI courses and programs from recreational to professional levels at our premier PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Centre.
We offer at least 1-month Go PRO internship programs, which can be personalised to suit the candidates’ future goals – if you’d like a quotation, contact our helpful and experienced Go PRO advisors at our Kota Kinabalu HQ. They’ll be more than happy to help, and they’ll get back to you within 24 hours of your first contact too!

Check out Bali too. Bali offers diverse dive sites - shore, boat, current, macro, pelagics, wreck - and has plenty to offer above and below the surface...

Back
Top Bottom