http://www.diveheart.org/

Help our cause!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we are starting a dive rescue agency here in our county and have no funding for it.We are looking for any good useable donations of gear to help us.we lost a 3yo last weekend and this has really lit a fire under our team if any one can help i hope this is the place.

sincerly
john brown
nw dive rescue
johnny@nwdiverescue.com
Home Page

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Good Causes, Petitions and Solicitations.

Are you part of a for profit or non profit. The link in your signature leads to a web site that has a contact of John Brown - owner/chief of operations. This would appear to be a for profit company.

From your services page
services
We provide the following services to our clients
personal item recovery,insurance recovery,lost item location,vehicle or motorized item recovery,
We provide evidence searches,body recovery,fire suppression from the water.and most water borne services including special event standby.

we specialize in disaster response for floods hurricanes e.t.c

What county/state are you in? Please validate your credentials and those of your dive team and you might be more successful in asking for gear. Without validation it appears more like a bunch of well intentioned people wanting free stuff to use in their business.

Hi John and welcome aboard.

First off why don’t you get your profile filled out so we have a better idea as to where you are and what your conditions are like.

Are you thinking of starting a team or an agency? I’m thinking they are two different things.

Gary D.

nwdiverescue,

Gary D. seems to be a good resource for public safety divers - I only know this from my experience lurking in the PSD forum on SB. I also am in the process of working to form a well qualified team in my area.

As for your post, since you haven't responded to my questions on the other thread you started I am going to post the same here:

Are you part of a for profit or non profit. The link in your signature leads to a web site that has a contact of John Brown - owner/chief of operations. This would appear to be a for profit company.

From your services page

services
We provide the following services to our clients
personal item recovery,insurance recovery,lost item location,vehicle or motorized item recovery,
We provide evidence searches,body recovery,fire suppression from the water.and most water borne services including special event standby.

we specialize in disaster response for floods hurricanes e.t.c

What county/state are you in? Please validate your credentials and those of your dive team and you might be more successful in asking for gear. Without validation it appears more like a bunch of well intentioned people wanting free stuff to use in their business.

Actually, theres not info on the website to even verify that it's not a scam. (No location given, etc.)

If you're a legit organization you need to provide sufficient information on who you are and what your qualifications are to provide this service.

If you are sanctioned by a local law enforcement or fire agency by all means put that info on the site. If not- then why are you forming the agency? (If you do not have the sanction from a local agency with the responsibility to perform the rescue/recovery services then you won't be called on and will likely be told politely to go away if you just start showing up at emergency scenes.)

Looks kinda shaky to me.

I was trying to be optimistic, he hasn't been online since the 4th.

hmm,

Built it yourself website software from go daddy. 541 area code is Oregon. Search on agency name only brings up scubaboard references (3).
WHOIS on domain: WhoIs Search Results
and a hotmail email address.

I'm not trying to read too much into this, but more questions are rising that need to be answered. If this is non-profit, your domain should be utilizing .org instead of .com.

But more important is the information tc246 already addressed. I hope it's just a misunderstanding and you are trying to start something for a good, legitimate cause.

I'm not jumping to any conclusions, I'm just a little skeptical.

:zen:

Back
Top Bottom