http://www.diveheart.org/

Solo Diving Opinion Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DvrSkip

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I am conducting a survey on diver's opinions about solo diving. Please take a few minutes and fill out the survey. You can find it at:

Solo Diving

Also, I'd like to know the gear you use (and type of diving). This survey is at:

Gear Configuration

Just lie about mother's maiden name and your birthdate! Make up something you can remember so if you do both surveys, I can tell. Thanks.

I should be able to post results in a month or two (when college starts again and I have a team of undergrads to compile and analyze the findings)!

Thanks,
see you,
skip

DvrSkip's profile states that he's occupation is a Psychology Professor. The survey is real.

To protect your privacy I would, as DvrSkip suggests and to "Just lie about mother's maiden name and your birthdate! Make up something you can remember so if you do both surveys, I can tell. Thanks"

As I read it the second survey has nothing to do with solo diving, but is only relevant if you are a cave diver.

The surveys are for all divers, but the second on gear is "geared" toward cave divers (pun intended)! Configuration of gear is the idea and that rarely comes up in non-tech diving, but more recently open water divers have a lot of options, including backplates/harness, pony bottles, spare air, safety sausages, whistles, mirrors, short fins, split fins, etc., so any and all information will only help.

LavaSurfer, apology accepted, although I guess the mods removed your post cause I didn't see it! Anyway, yes the surveys are real and I will post the results here sometime in september - I must wait for school to start and get my undergrad research assistants to code the data in spreadsheets and run the stats! you know how us profs hate to do our own work!

By the way, I'm not just a college prof, but a scuba diver too! I've been doing personality surveys comparing scuba divers to nondivers for the past 10 or 12 years and posted here last year or so about some personality surveys that many of you filled out. I bet you are still waiting for a post about that! It's coming. I just got so many that it's taking me forever to get it all re-organized and analyzed. Although to be honest, I've been a bit lazy about it too. I am not, that's not, in a publish or perish, university, just a small town southern college where we all are pretty laid back.

-skip

Yes, Skip, I've been wondering what was going on with the data from those long surveys :) But having been in academia, I also understand it takes time to analyze and publish results. Still, I'm hoping that when you have it all together, you'll post something to let us know what we helped you accomplish!

Scary stuff if you don’t know what’s going on with the data! Is this the IRS looking for undeclared scuba tanks or a Swiss bank lock-box hidden deep in a cave?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom