http://www.diveheart.org/

Please donate to help save Labradors in Florida!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gatorblueyes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone! I know I am relatively new to the board but I wanted to bring to your attention something that is a very important part of me. Just like my interest in diving, I have a special interest in Labrador Retrievers. This past year I have become involved with Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida as a foster home for Labs when they are pulled from the Miami shelter or surrendered by their owners. We have been flooded with dogs of late as people are leaving them locked up in their foreclosed homes:11:. The neglect and abuse is rampant down here and we have been working very hard at giving these dogs a second chance to have a good life. LRROF is a non-profit organization. We have been trying to raise money to continue operating at top capacity as rescuing a dog costs an average of $400. Most of them need to be spayed/neutered and some need more extensive health care to get them on the road to recovery and ready for a loving family. We have been fortunate to receive news that an anonymous donor will match what we raise in the month of August up to $10,000! So I am just trying to get the word out as much as possible so we can make that $10,000 and double it! Anything will help $1, $5, $10 will double like magic:D. Please, weather it be for the love of animals, the love of the breed, or the love of a tax deductible donation, please consider LRROF ActiveGiving.com Donations . Thank you!

OH and if you are in Florida and you would like to get involved in this organization here is the website Lab Retriever Rescue Of Florida, Inc - Saving Labradors Throughout Florida . We could always use volunteers for transport, home checks, shelter checks and fostering!

We have raised about $5000...we have 12 days left to raise another $5000 or we will basically be throwing money away:( If you think you can even spare $5 it will help out the overall picture. We don't want this chance to slip us by. If you are interested in helping just click the active giving link in my OP. Thanks for your consideration:)

Only 6 days left. We have about $3000 to go...

Back
Top Bottom