http://www.diveheart.org/

scuba bottle donation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgt

Registered
Reaction score
A search and rescue foundation that operates near where I hang out could really use a donated scuba bottle. If anybody knows of the whereabouts of such a bottle, I would be grateful. Other suggestions are welcome.

I'd recommend checking with local dive shops/operators. I'm sure there's someone out there who'd be willing to donate a tank - Especially if they can put their business name on it...

you might want to be more specific about your location than "Caribbean"

I'd recommend checking with local dive shops/operators. I'm sure there's someone out there who'd be willing to donate a tank - Especially if they can put their business name on it...

Thank you for your interest and comment.

We have already tried that...We suffer (and benefit) from living in a different world from most on Scubaboard. Local dive operators are very small, and there would also be little to gained commercially from putting a business name on a bottle that is going to spend most of its days hidden on a rescue vessel moored in the harbor of a tiny island (24 sq km). This is why I thought that I would appeal to somebody in your world. If anybody in the US has a serviceable bottle lying around and is in a position to help, the bottle can be shipped to a cargo consolidator in Florida or Louisiana (I would provide the contacts). The consolidator would send the bottle along gratis to the search/rescue organization.

Thank you in advance for any assistance that anyone is able to offer.

I extend many thanks to the kind soul who donated the scuba bottle for use in rescue/recovery. We are grateful yet hope that the tank is never needed.

A search and rescue foundation that operates near where I hang out could really use a donated scuba bottle. If anybody knows of the whereabouts of such a bottle, I would be grateful. Other suggestions are welcome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom