Gumbo Limbo Scholarship for High School and Graduate students in Marine Science

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I want to present the Friends of Gumbo Limbo's 2015 Scholarships. This year, we are offering two merit-based scholarships of $2,500 to graduating high school seniors who are pursuing a degree in a field relating to Marine Science or is consistent with our Mission "To support coastal and marine education, conservation, research and preservation." We will also be offering one needs-based scholarship of at least $2,500 to graduating high school seniors who are a 1st generation college student or a student who qualifies for the Free & Reduced Price Lunch program (if offered in the local high school program). This student also must be pursuing a degree in a field relevant to our Mission, but this is to address needs-based students. This needs-based scholarship can be extended to an additional $2,500 contingent on GPA and course load at the conclusion of their freshman year. Note: Deadline for applications is February 6th!

We encourage students to apply electronically to be more environmentally conscious. The website with all details (including Graduate scholarship details) and to electronically apply is: www.gumbolimbo.org/2015scholarship

Thank you so much for your help. We hope to have applications from many future marine biologists, marine engineers or environmental lawyers!

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at scholarship@gumbolimbo.org or call me at. I want to make this a great year for our scholarship program.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom