New RED FILTER for GoPro Dive Housing by SRP - Official Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaProHd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Everyone,

Well it's official! SRP notified me today that they officially have a true underwater Slip Over color correction solution for the GoPro Dive Housing. I wanted to share with the community what they've told me so far. Bill also mentions that they have one for all our loyal BlurFix customers.

From SRP: William, Like you, we have been getting many inquiries about color correcting filters for the new GoPro dive housing. We have been working closely with URPro on a new filter that will provide a balanced and uniform color correcting filter to not only work with the new GoPro dive housing, but the BlurFix, and many other underwater camera systems. We are very excited with the results in our testing, and are well beyond the prototyping phase. This project has been kept close due to patent preparation, so the details I can share must be vague....What I can say is, it's the quality you expect from SRP and URPro! Like I have said in the past, if it isn't something new, exciting, and of high quality, than we won't make it! Obviously I can not share any pictures, nor commit to a release date at this time, more details coming soon......

I had to ask what this meant.
new slip over filter that will provide a balanced and uniform color correcting filter

All he said was, you haven't seen anything like this and it's well worth the wait. Followed by... If it isn't something new, exciting, and of high quality, than we won't make it!

Like you I'm sitting on the edge of my seat!

Cannot commit to a release date at this time

Would love at least an idea. 2 months? 3? 6? Would help me to know if I can wait, or if I need to go with another solution to be set in time for my trip....

Read the post again.

Ok let me be more clear Photos please...... There are other slip over's and that is why I asked the question.

@bhtmec2. I'll be talking to the guys over at SRP after the holidays and see if there are any updates I can share. I can say this, I know they are very excited about this.

It also looks like they've completed prototyping and are in the testing phase, I would think it's well on it's way.

Thanks Looking forward to an update.

@bhtmec2. I'll be talking to the guys over at SRP after the holidays and see if there are any updates I can share. I can say this, I know they are very excited about this.

It also looks like they've completed prototyping and are in the testing phase, I would think it's well on it's way.

I know im new but the is a new dive housing at sport challet and for the red filter. Polar pro filters on ebay is 14 bucks works great. I used it in cozumel no problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom