HOG Morph video lighting system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fbk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just came across this... seems like it would make a nice video lighting setup.

Having recently spent $1500+ on a canister light and also 2 Sola video lights for my gopro I have gotta say something like this would have really gotten my attention. Just over $600 gets you a can light plus 2 additional 72° 1000 lumen light heads.

HOG Gear Morph 1000 Core - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Anyone got one? Will keep an eye out for reviews.

Nice looking light. I am in the minority since I like and use a canister light for video. Having the battery in a canister on your hip keeps the weight on me and not on the housing arms. Without the batteries, the lamps are small. Also allows flexibility in changing lightheads. Started out with big halogens 10 yrs. ago, then smaller halogens, and now LED lamps. Still the same canister. 10 yrs. worth of service, it might be time for a new canister. Purely because they are smaller and lighter now.

I just picked up my Morph today. Awesome light. That joker is so bright and has 3 different brightness settings along with three different strobe modes. It does a slow flash, SOS, and a fast strobe. I can't wait to get it in the caves at the end of the month... It will get its first underwater test run looking for lobster in Ocean City in three weeks...

As said in a previous post, you buy 1000lum light for 450$. You can find 1400lum video light (no focal point on the beam) for 138$... up to you. www.archonlight.comBy the way I have no interest in this chinese company....

that's a choice, but I'm not US. Nobody's perfect.

I just picked up my Morph today. Awesome light. That joker is so bright and has 3 different brightness settings along with three different strobe modes. It does a slow flash, SOS, and a fast strobe. I can't wait to get it in the caves at the end of the month... It will get its first underwater test run looking for lobster in Ocean City in three weeks...

How do you like it? Did you take any video with it by chance?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom