Go Pro memory card error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orion612004

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am having trouble with my go pro not recognizing the memory card. The same memory card worked in the past however two dives ago a small amount of sea water got inside the housing. I noticed almost right away and put the go pro in rice for two days. The memory card works in my camera and the go pro still turns on and I can go through the modes and change settings. Is there a way I can clean the inside of the memory card slot without further damaging the go pro?

Cheers

Orion

Do other memory cards work in the gopro? If not then the problem isn't that it needs cleaning, its that salt water + electronics = dead electronics. Even a drop of seawater would likely kill it if it got onto the contacts inside the camera while powered up. The microsd may well survive.

If other cards don't work either then I would probably write it off unfortunately. As a last ditch effort you could pull it apart and see what the damage is, or have a go at cleaning the contacts with alcohol... GoPro Hero3 Teardown - iFixit

Back
Top Bottom