At the end got everything

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Qasar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi
I finally got all the bit and pieces.
I ordered 2 ARCHON W28VR, 1400 lumens max, a dim white position and a red one. I show you how I received them before mount on the SRP tray with the SRP dome filter.
For information you found the W28VR for 250$ on the web, but I found a company in Honk Kong that sold them for 138$ each and deliver them in 3 days with DHL. If you compare with the sola 1200 at at least 700$, I don't know if a may be better quality worth the price difference. There is a charger and a battery with each torch (most of the other sellers provide them without battery and chargers).
As you can see on the white wall there is no hotspot on the beams. I used two because the beam is 120 deg wide and gopro is 170. So to cover all the field and avoid backscatter it's better (and it's not the same price than 2 sola...).
Another interesting point is that 2*1400 lumen didn't give you 2800. It gives you two spot of 1400 lumen, and 1400 lumen is not twice 700. It's a logarithmic scale.
I will dive this WEE in the Indian ocean and will try them and let you know. archon3.jpgarchon2.jpgarchon1.jpgarchon3.jpgarchon2.jpgarchon1.jpg

I cannot see the attchment so I try againarchon3.jpgarchon2.jpgarchon1.jpgarchon3.jpgarchon2.jpgarchon1.jpg

Try hosting them at a place like imageshack and then linking to them.

I don't have account there, can I still view?
He used the wrong link, it takes you to the images of your own account. So for himself the link works, but not for anyone else.

Nevertheless anyone could explain why I couldn't upload a photo from my computer? I tried again from another computer with another internet connection and it's the same. dfx obviously succeded with his screen capture, so why not me :-(, why this forum php doesnt like me? why men have something than women don't? why I can't breath underwater? why I didn't win the lattest lottery? why I'm wasting my time writting such silly questions?

What...you can't breath under water? Gotta get those gills checked.:wink:

That looks like a good setup. Probably don't want to use the red filter with the lights though. Kind of a one or the other thing, as I understand it.

Looking forward to the vids.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom