GoPro Hero 3 Black with I-torch Video Pro 6 Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaND

Contributor
Reaction score
photo.jpg

I have been working on putting together my first camera package for a while and finally got everything ordered and received last week. I am leaving for Cozumel in about a week and hoping to get some good footage while I am down there. Listed below are all the parts I used to put the GoPro package together.

* GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition
* SRP Tray (SRP Tray)
* SRP URPro CY Filter (URPRO CY FIlter)
* SRP BlurFix SO Naked Adapter (BlurFix3 SO Naked 55 mm Filter Adapter)
* SRP BlurFix Holder (BlurFix3/3+ Tray Mount)
* 3/4" Loc-Line (Loc-Line 3/4 Segment [loc.34.segment] - $1.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros)
* Y/S Top Adapter (Search Results : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros)
* 3/4" Loc-Line Base Adapter (Loc-Line 3/4\ Fixed Mount aka Base [loc.60533] - $8.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros)
* I-torch Video Pro 6 (i-Torch Video Pro6 - Best Video and Focus Light)
- 2400 Lumens
- 120 Degree Beam Angle
- 3 modes of white
- 2 modes of red
- 1 mode of purple
* Cetacea Coil Lanyard (Cetacea Coil Lanyard with Tubular Web [cet.crl3hd.blk] - $30.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros)

I was initially looking at ordered the Beneath the Surface Loc-Line that has a steel leader going through the inside in case your loc-line decided to seperate on you under the water. Nobody wants to loose there expensive video lights :). After looking at what it was going to cost me to purchase the Beneath the Surface Loc-Line, I decided to make my own. It was simple and didn't take very long. I used a 1/16" drill bit to drill 2 small holes both in the Y/S Top Adapter and also the Loc-Line base adapter. I then purchased Berkley Fishing Steel Nylon Coated wire (45lb line strength) which I know is overkill. I ran that Wire through the top holes of the Y/S Top Adapter and crimped them there and did the same through the base. It is a simple way to have some security in case the Loc-Line separates. It is also very easy to change if down the road you want to make your Loc-Line longer or shorter.

photo 1 (2).jpg
photo 3 (2).jpg
photo 2 (2).jpg

I will be taking more pictures tonight of the finished product once I get it all put together and will be posting them tomorrow. I also want to say thanks to SB member 8obatus on sharing his GoPro setup which I used as a reference.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Here are some more pictures of the setup. I have been considering purchasing the BackScatter Flip system and use the SRP filters with it.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Using the White Light option of the I-torch Video Pro 6 light

photo 1 (1).jpg

photo 2 (1).jpg

Using the Red Light option of the I-torch Video Pro 6 light

photo 3 (1).jpg

great post. do you think 1 light is enough? what settings are on your gopro?

hey, just wondering how you went with your dive and what your thoughts on the light were after. Happy, pros cons, did you also get to try the UV light feature? In the hard part of deciding which dive light to get for use with gopro hero 3 videography, any help would be great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom