Diving at Palua Weh - Shot with Gopro Hero 3+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok start. Bit dark in some shots and by using 1 or 2 lights it would have been better.

sent from mobile unit

Ok start. Bit dark in some shots and by using 1 or 2 lights it would have been better.

sent from mobile unit

But if I use lights, then it will show the redness as I am on red filter... Also I used the gopro studio "protune" setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant , many thanks for sharing.this is a fantastic first effort. I guess you have to balance the quality of the pictures you get with the cost , hassle factor and inconvenience of lots of extra gear. I bought a Canon S110 for our first underwater photo trip and was also delighted with the results. It's just a question of practicing and practicing.

Best fishes

Brilliant , many thanks for sharing.this is a fantastic first effort. I guess you have to balance the quality of the pictures you get with the cost , hassle factor and inconvenience of lots of extra gear. I bought a Canon S110 for our first underwater photo trip and was also delighted with the results. It's just a question of practicing and practicing.

Best fishes

i was using G12 with Strode, ended up, i placed the strode and G12 on the boat after the 2nd dive. haha... then i used my camera tray with gopro for the 2nd dive and after that, i continued to use gopole for the rest of the dive.

I am much happier with the gopole. :)

My impression is that your technique is remarkably stable, and you a good job filling the frame. Perhaps using protune you could adjust the exposure? My own experience shooting with a red filter and no ligthing is that I actually have to underexpose much of the time.

Just a curiousity, and this could be my browser. In some of the transistions the entire frame seems to "jiggle" or turn on itself. Its as if you were watching a TV and the TV turned itself left and right.

My impression is that your technique is remarkably stable, and you a good job filling the frame. Perhaps using protune you could adjust the exposure? My own experience shooting with a red filter and no ligthing is that I actually have to underexpose much of the time.

Just a curiousity, and this could be my browser. In some of the transistions the entire frame seems to "jiggle" or turn on itself. Its as if you were watching a TV and the TV turned itself left and right.

The jiggle is due to image stabilizer that is performed by YouTube...

The jiggle is due to image stabilizer that is performed by YouTube...

Bad idea

---------- Post added April 7th, 2014 at 11:03 PM ----------

But if I use lights, then it will show the redness as I am on red filter... Also I used the gopro studio "protune" setting.

If it was shot in Protune, I think it should have originally been much brighter than that. You could try adjusting the brightness/contrast a bit to lighten it up i'm sure. Plus not using YouTubes "warping" stabilizer.

Check with you guys. Once I reached more than 20m, what should I do, to get back the color? Should I remove my red filter and turn on my torch or keep my filter on and turn on the torch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom