Hero3+ footage from Raja Ampat Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul Cwalina

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If you're dead set on not using a filter, you may be able to get adequate results at less than 60 ft using protune/camraw and some serious editing. However, a $30 filter is probably the way to go. I'd rather have colour over light any day.

Agree with all the points above. Protune may be able to get you by in a pinch at shallow depths but please reconsider your stance on filters for the sake of your viewing audience. Everything doesn't look green and dull when you are diving...why should your videos look like that. Most head/mask mounted footage comes out unusable because of bubbles. Even a small hand-held handle which you can clip to yourself when you want to be hands free give you greater latitude than a go-mask. Or if you really want hands free consider the Z-gear BCD mount

You need a tray or monopod as suggested.. That "GOMASK" ...well , appears to be highly ineffective... You said you didn't want to hear about a filter....So.. I won't tell you that you need a filter :)

It wasn't too long ago that people refused to believe that a small cheap piece of plastic that cost pennies, could make such a huge improvement in UW video footage. People thought $1000+ lights were the only way to get UW video colorful.

Finally people are starting to believe. Marketing, adding "features", a reputable vendor and increasing the price seems to have done the trick. But, still some refuse to believe. Watch some video from the people in this thread. A few of us have links in our signature.

If you lived in NYC, I would cut a piece from my $7 22"x22" sheet, and give it to you for free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom