GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition video issues - HELP PLEASE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roll_tide_daniel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys,

I am new to using a GoPro and am looking for some help. I used it in Grand Turk and it worked flawlessly on my first dive. On the second dive the camera began to record erratically. It recorded fine until the conditions got darker, then the camera would pixelate and eventually the screen would go stark white. I recorded a video at my house to show what it is doing. I will include that video at the bottom.

I have tried updating firmware, and a hard reset and that hasn't fixed it. I checked the SD cards in a friend's go pro, and they worked fine. When we put his Micro SD in my camera we had the same result, so I know it's not a faulty card. I have emailed and called GoPro tech support and have had no luck getting them to return my calls or emails.

I leave for a trip in Hawaii on Sat and would LOVE to be able to take some video, and photos there, as I likely won't be able to go back for a LONG time! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you've recently purchased the GoPro, take it back where you got it and have them replace it. I had a problem with mine not working with the LCD back and got the camera replaced where I purchased it and it was fixed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom