Blue Heron Bridge night dive with a MacroMini Mate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First time using Macromini Mate and really enjoyed the results. Lights were a UWLD LD60 for me and twin Sola 1200's for Kates shots.

[video=youtube;8XxLCIozU5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XxLCIozU5g[/video]

great job and excellent use of the minimate!

What did you find the optimum distance to subject to be for best focus, `~3-4" I'm guessing, get that camera lens right into their face!

and any Light Aiming issues when that close, suggestions from your real world macromate experience?

I assume you really have to pull the lights back and use more of a side lighting approach with duals, or a single overhead type wide angle light.

nice macro video!

You should share in the BHB troll thread. I'm sure everyone would enjoy watching your video.

---------- Post added July 22nd, 2014 at 04:27 PM ----------

What was used to kill that LionFish?

Thanks guys. I really enjoy BHB and hit it everytime we are in So Florida. Unfortunately I only get to play with the MMM a few times a year and really getting the time to master it is tough. I used a tripod and played with the light intensity on the light as well as moving from side to upper lighting for a few seconds on each shot. The light is a traditional style can light with a goodman handle mounted on top of your hand that can run either a single light, double lights (flood and spot) or a GP goodman handle with a twin light setup. We dove NC last weekend and it really made me miss BHB.

I posted it there but it was in the middle of the little uproar this last week. I saw a guy chasing it with his knife and countered him around the piling forcing him into the sand and nailed it. A Muck stick has many uses. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom