Waiting on the GoPro4?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckdiversam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I went to purchase a Hero 3+ Black yesterday and the shop was out and said they would not be receiving anymore because of the soon to be released Hero 4 coming out in a month or so. I had never heard of this so I got online and sure enough I read several reports of the new camera coming out soon. I'm going to rent a gopro from the shop for my dive this week and then hopefully purchase either the newer camera when it comes out or maybe still get the 3+ but at a discounted price once the new ones one out.

Old models have regularly been available even after the new models come out. I’ve seen plenty of the articles “announcing” the 4, but none have an actual source from GoPro and specs seem like speculation more than anything. If their normal product cycle is in effect, it’ll be October or November before we officially see the 4.

"The GoPro Hero 4 is expected to..."
In other words, they know nothing (just like everyone else).

If the 4 does make it out in October, there should be some pretty good deals on the 3+ on Black Friday.

One thing to remember with the new GoPro 4 (or any other 4k camera) is that one; you'll need a different TV to view it in 4k, 2) you'll need a fairly powerful computer to edit and store these huge files...

Or they will come out with the Hero 3++ and push the 4 back another year.

What I really want to know is:

will all of the 3 filters and lenses fit the 4?

oh and please let it come out before April 2015!

I remember reading the 4 is coming out sometime next year. They said they were working on better still photos along with video and would have a better Timelapse mode.

What Falconer7 said. GoPro does need capture better stills. If they do improve the still image quality then maybe I'll buy one. But for now I stick to my Nikon D5200.

One thing to remember with the new GoPro 4 (or any other 4k camera) is that one; you'll need a different TV to view it in 4k, 2) you'll need a fairly powerful computer to edit and store these huge files...

Yeah, it's a shame you can't switch the mode to record in HD or downres the 4K video to HD... :wink:

I can remember guys saying > 1 MP digital cameras were overkill since the 1024x768 monitors of the day couldn't display the full image...

Back
Top Bottom