GoPro Hero 2 dive housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FM1520

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a GoPro Hero 2 which I use all the time with the GoPro dive housing flat lens. The housing has started to leak, not sure where the leak is coming from. I dove the housing last night (no camera) and there is water in it. 100ft dive.

I have been looking for a new dive housing with the flat lens for the Hero 2 but can't seem to find one.

Any ideas on who may have these in stock?

You can still get them direct from GoPro... 15 bucks, and has the old curved lens window.

I have a GoPro Hero 2 which I use all the time with the GoPro dive housing flat lens. The housing has started to leak, not sure where the leak is coming from. I dove the housing last night (no camera) and there is water in it. 100ft dive.

I have been looking for a new dive housing with the flat lens for the Hero 2 but can't seem to find one.

Any ideas on who may have these in stock?

FM1520, Good luck finding one as they have become extremely scarce. They were only made for a few months before GoPro changed to the Hero3 system and what few were made were snatched up long ago. Ebay is about your only hope of finding one and all those will be used.

You can still get them direct from GoPro... 15 bucks, and has the old curved lens window.
Those aren't dive housings.

---------- Post added August 29th, 2014 at 12:50 PM ----------

FM1520, Good luck finding one as they have become extremely scarce. They were only made for a few months before GoPro changed to the Hero3 system and what few were made were snatched up long ago. Ebay is about your only hope of finding one and all those will be used.

Those aren't dive housings.

yea, that's what I'm finding. I'm hoping someone here on SB may know something.

Thanks. The only ones Amazon has are from RageCams and they want $174.00 and that's for the housing only!

I might have what you need. We got 2 GoPro's 2's , took both down to Salt Cay. I had a water mark I could not get rid of so.... I zipped off to the house on our SI and switched to the 2nd GoPro setup . Only I had not been careful when setting up the 2nd camera with the LCD backplate, used the one with the ventilation vents......dead GoPro 2. So I've got a second battery (one flooded and 2 never used) and dive housing. Camera and LCD are doa.

Damm thing was I bought the 2's in September with 2 sola 1200's and didn't need them until Christmas. The 3 came out 2 months after I brought them! The dive housing I got was the newer fixed ones.

Still using the original 2, will probably go with the 4 either for our Christmas trip or July one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FWIW The Intova
HD Sport II is better than both of them.. And only $149.00.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

FWIW The Intova
HD Sport II is better than both of them.. And only $149.00.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Nice camera, that is definitely an option. I like that the LCD screen come with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom