Gopro Hero 3 black vs Gopro hero3+ black edition?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Life-Is-Good-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm thinking of getting a Gopro for diving. I can get refurbished Hero 3 black edition for $265.00 , vs the $399.00 for the hero3+ black edition

i watched a video of the comparison of the two

is going from. 3 to a 3+ really worth the extra $135 ?

If the new model comes out as scheduled, the Black 3+ should be around $249 on Black Friday. It may be worth your while if you can wait 2 months.

We're still expecting a mid October release for the Hero 4.

But in answer to your question, there are a number of differences between the Hero 3 and 3+ including much better battery life, reduced wifi lag, super view, etc.

Thanks. I did see the You Tube vide that was 10 min long about those features. I was asking more about if the 3+ was any better for diving then the 3

I just read today looks like mid October for the release of the Gopro4

I'm not in that big of a rush as were going into winter time now. But I do plan on diving over winter since I live in Florida

I would expect increased frame rates in all resolutions, probably 4k @30fps which will be usable and 1080/120fps. Hopefully better battery life again and image stabilisation or GPS.

I don't see anything in the specs on the website. Does anyone know how much memory the stock camera has and how many minutes/hours of video will one take? I see they sell a 32GB card, but that doesn't tell me what the camera comes with.

Goto their website and under the camera, goto tech specs, it will list the compatible SD cards and give you the minutes of video depending on the resolution you shoot in

I bought the Hero4 black yesturday, and paid $66 for a 64gig MiniSD card recommended on their web site to use

Back
Top Bottom