GoPro HERO4 Revealed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtl perry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
so here it is !!

goprohero4.jpg
GoPro HERO4 Revealed! 4K Video at 30FPS and the First Built-In Touch Display

I'd love to see some side-by-side cave footage with a Hero 2, 3, 3+, and 4 (all top models) and see what their "new&improved low light" stuff does. The highlight feature seems really cool. This is clearly evolutionary, but I don't mind that. One thing that DOES bug me is the 40m depth limit. It said you can use "all old GP accessories" but I'm wondering if that meant the mount was the same or if you can use the GP4 in the GP3 case for added depth limit.

The real question is will it be worth upgrading. The built-in screen of the Silver version would be nice for diving but without WB options, it will be less capable than a 3+ Black which you can control WB. And with the exception of the 4K30 video rate, what's the benefit of the 4 over the 3+?

I just bought a 200m waterproof case (Recsea) for $400 AUD so for .me to upgrade it would need to fit that case. I hope it does

The Silver sounds ideal for diving. LCD is just useful.

As for 4K, Youtube isn't ready for everyone, and your home TV/Computer/Monitor most likely need upgrade as well.

Back
Top Bottom