A taster of diving in New Zealand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB NZ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A recent request on ScubaBoard for information on diving in New Zealand made me think I should put a short video together. My diving is based around the Poor Knights islands and wrecks in the north of the country.

Questions about diving in New Zealand welcome, as are comments (negative or positive!) about videography and editing.

For HD, click on the HD logo on the bottom right of the video.

[video=vimeo;108240537]https://vimeo.com/108240537[/video]

thanks kekomixtle. water temperature typically ranges from 14 - 16 degrees C in winter to 20 - 22 degrees C in summer. video taken with gopro hero 3 black. sola 2000 video lights x 2 used in some of the shots.

Any filters on the gopro? What video editing program you use? Did you color correct after the fact? Very impressive to say the least!

---------- Post added October 7th, 2014 at 07:50 PM ----------

Out of curiosity have you dove in Tairua? Am starting to work on a website for a shop there.

hi jonnie. i always use a red filter on my gopro even when using video lights. polar pro glass for most of those shots, but i also use a SRP red filter. edited with iMovie. on some natural light shots, i add a little contrast, but too much correction makes things look a little over-processed.

never dived tairua.

cheers.

Was hoping the water temp would be higher than that.

Do you think I can dive my 5mm Bare without any additional exposure protection?

Was hoping the water temp would be higher than that.

I think a lot of tourists hope/assume the same thing and get caught out.

you think I can dive my 5mm Bare without any additional exposure protection?

It depends on how much you feel the cold. Certainly, I see people diving here in the summer in 5 mm suits and they seem OK. If I was diving wet, I would want the thickest, best fitting wetsuit that money can buy plus hood and gloves and would stick to day boat diving rather than a liveaboard. I dive in a dry suit all year round.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom