Slowly getting better with editing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomfcrist

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ive been using a hero 3 black for a while now and am finally learning how to edit easier. I plan on building a tray and adding the LCD screen to stabalize my video, but color correction is bothering me.

What is the no kidding best way to get good correction lenses for greenwater, and deep bluewater?

the link below is a sample of the kind of video quality im getting right now, and im hoping to get better color without buying a couple 4000 lumen video lights.

dixie arrow 102014 - YouTube
[video=youtube_share;2Od4hp81kqY]http://youtu.be/2Od4hp81kqY[/video]

I've just started learning how to edit underwater video but I can say that magenta filters help with green water immensely. I use Backscatter (Flip3.1l filters for green water and deep dives in blue water and they work great. You're still constrained by available light though.

Ditto on the Backscatter Flip 3.1. The videos are amazing. I just bought their new macro lens -- can't wait to try it out!

interested

Ive been using a hero 3 black for a while now and am finally learning how to edit easier. I plan on building a tray and adding the LCD screen to stabalize my video, but color correction is bothering me.

What is the no kidding best way to get good correction lenses for greenwater, and deep bluewater?

the link below is a sample of the kind of video quality im getting right now, and im hoping to get better color without buying a couple 4000 lumen video lights.

dixie arrow 102014 - YouTube
[video=youtube_share;2Od4hp81kqY]http://youtu.be/2Od4hp81kqY[/video]

With the Gopro Studio editing system, you convert to a cuneiform avi ( or mov if a mac user), and then push blacks up to take the milky murk part of the image down.....push saturation and contrast while your at it...and you can pull green down, and blue up....particularly in the shadow settings....though be careful with adding much blue.
You need to convert the lousy mov format the Go pro shoots in, as the cold space is very small--fine for shooting, but too small to take large change in colors for edited color corrections.....Canon and Nikon DSLR's have the same deficiency in the codecs they shoot video with...ok for shooting, bad for editing and terrible for color correcting.

I can shoot ambient light at 115 feet deep, and have everything lit up and with nice color effects..again without lights...but with good use of the color correcting controls in Gopro Studio ( formerly Cineform Neo)....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom