Knog quodos LED light... Check this out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrmikey32

Registered
Reaction score
Just saw this. I love their lights.

Looks promising.

mtb-web-image.jpg

Knog - qudos action

Interesting but generally don't like having a light so close to the camera because of backscatter, but if there were tray and arm mounts......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I might buy one, and try it out. regardless it is a kick ass light and i have other uses for it.

Currently I love the tripod and the camera
I haven't got the chance to try it with the light yet . I think having the light so close to the camera is going to effect the video .

I did purchase more gopro tripod mount adapter to get the light away from the camera but first I'll try it as it's in the picture [emoji41] after that I'll decide .

9531d630af4106887c1f80b09aa392c8.jpg

db5f4b669324de1e843a524bcfdd77b6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

400 lumens, $119...too little, too much IMHO

Hi All,

Im new to forum and looking for suggestions for the use of this light.

We are going diving on South Africa's east coast next week (typically 16m to 35m), and I have a GoPro 3 Black with Knog Qudos.

1. Manual suggests keeping the light 30cm-50cm away from the camera to eliminate back scatter. Is this sufficient?

2. If i use this light, do i forget about the red filter?

Hoping to bump into our annual Sardine run, and thus some sharks and game fish [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,

We are going diving on South Africa's east coast next week (typically 16m to 35m), and I have a GoPro 3 Black with Knog Qudos.

1. Manual suggests keeping the light 30cm-50cm away from the camera to eliminate back scatter. Is this sufficient?

Hoping to bump into our annual Sardine run, and thus some sharks and game fish [emoji16]

I'm also heading out there first week of July, primarily to Aliwal for some shark dives but hoping to get some Sardine dives in as well.

As for your concerns

Read this: First Impressions: Knog Qudos Action Video Light
Then this: DIY Gopro Tray & Arms for scuba diving

Happy diving!

only 400 lumens for $119? I agree, not much punch for the buck. I guess the light might have some value if being compact is the most important feature. I think in my area, the back scatter would make it close to useless in most of the places I dive.

---------- Post added June 12th, 2015 at 10:46 PM ----------

Hi All,

The filter is to correct for ambient light absorption at depth. If you are bringing the light with you, no filter. The position of the light sounds about what I would expect, but my experience is with dive lights is still pretty limited.

Hi guys,

I emailed Knog and they suggested the light and a filter. I didn't try both, so cant comment.

I used the light on the first 2 dives and then left it on the boat for the rest. Aliwal Shoal does not have the colorful sea life (most of it anyway) with lots of colors that get lost.

We dived a wreck first, and the light worked well as long as you could get very close to what ever you were recording. Otherwise the light was a good beacon for when my dive buddy and I drifted apart. :wink:

Casing sealed nicely, even though I feel the clip is slightly flimsy there were no accidents.

Will definitely take it along when diving in more tropical waters.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom