Defect screen on GoPro Hero 4 Silver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

henrik242

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The screen on my new GoPro Hero 4 Silver doesn't work properly: it's on at full brightness without any details showing. No response to touch events either. I've tried upgrading the firmware and doing a factory reset, without success.

Has anyone else seen this?

IMG_20141115_161738.jpg

Mine is working fine but I have only had it for a few days. Was it doing that from the start? Looks like you may have gotten a dud.

The screen on my new GoPro Hero 4 Silver doesn't work properly: it's on at full brightness without any details showing. No response to touch events either. I've tried upgrading the firmware and doing a factory reset, without success.

Has anyone else seen this?

View attachment 197647

I would take it back for a replacement immediately, haven't seen that at all! Looks like a dud

It was like that from the start. Guess I need to return it.

Sent fra min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

While are are on the topic of gopro ... I have the hero 3+ black with the LCD screen and it has never done that.

But I was curious what computer you use to edit your videos. I was thinking about getting the new iMac. I just hope it will be able to handle all of the gopro video. It only has 2g of dedicated ram. What do you guys use? I sort of want to splurge for the pro model... But I don't plan on doing much with the videos. Just enjoying them for myself.

While are are on the topic of gopro ... I have the hero 3+ black with the LCD screen and it has never done that.

But I was curious what computer you use to edit your videos. I was thinking about getting the new iMac. I just hope it will be able to handle all of the gopro video. It only has 2g of dedicated ram. What do you guys use? I sort of want to splurge for the pro model... But I don't plan on doing much with the videos. Just enjoying them for myself.

At home I use Final Cut X on a 27" iMac and a 15" MacBook Pro.

Something to consider is that while RAM is important, is not the only factor you should look at. Having at least one decent and fast external drive is almost as important. Having lots of RAM and running off of a slow 5400 rpm drive makes no sense.

I'm not a fan of iMovie, but the recommended amount of RAM for iMovie is 4GB. Keep your media off the main drive and save it to a USB 3 or lighting 7200 rpm HD or even better an SSD drive. It doesn't have to be large just big enough to hold the media for the project you're working at the time. I bought a Crucial 512GB SSD drive for around $100. You can store the finished project in a larger cheaper 5400 rpm drive.

Thank you, Lowvizwiz! I went and got an iMac on Friday. I will be getting an external ssd as well, as you suggested. I am excited to finally have a computer again, and to be able to use my gopro. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom