Switchblade2.0 or Flip 3.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reidkon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am trying to decide between the Switchblade2.0 and the Flip 3.1 for my Hero 4 Silver. I am leaning towards the Switchblade because it can shoot macro with the red filter, however I am concerned with reports of the fragility of the system. I understand that a "new and improved" version was recently released and wondering if anyone has any feedback on it yet?
Regarding the Flip 3.1, from what I read it is prone to easily scratching which I can see being an issue with some of the "not-so-graceful" shore entries and exits I am capable of in Bonaire. And is it possible with some sort of add-on to shoot macro and red filter with the Flip 3.1?

I have a switchblade, worked great for the 1.5 dives until the macro filter broke!:wink:

I prefer the colors from the Flip 3.1 Dive filter over the Polar Pro Red filter. I included some examples on this thread the fourth post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom