Need to know what accessories i need for diving with a GO PRO 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhettsc1

Registered
Reaction score
i just bought a go pro 3 black edition and was wondering what type of accessories that i need to get for diving with it? i was thinking of a pole mount and a red filter cap for the lens. there are so many filters, so i was wondering which one is the best and easy to work with. any other suggestions are welcome. thanks for your responses!

my first GoPRo arrives the other day. The first thing I looked for was something to attach it to. On amazon I found most of what I was looking for. The mount I chose was the Neewer Handle.
Capture.JPG

I am still deciding on a red filter but I am leaning on the Polar Pro. Not sure if I can justify paying more than $100 for a filter.

Start with these 4 items:

red filter - there are internal filters for $10 that work as well as (or better) than external filters, also are simpler to use and you won't have bubbles clinging to it, won't fall off, etc;

anti fog inserts - chances are it will fog during you dive, use 2-3 inserts on the sides and bottom. you can easily do 3-4 dives without having to replace them;

lanyard / gear-keeper - to secure the camera on your bcd's d-ring;

tray / handgrip - makes video more stable and takes your big finger from in front of the screen.

awesome thanks for the great info. do you know where i can find the internal red filters? having a hard time locating them online. thanks

i found some. thanks!

Anyone recommend a decent pole for goPro use underwater?

i just bought a go pro 3 black edition and was wondering what type of accessories that i need to get for diving with it? i was thinking of a pole mount and a red filter cap for the lens. there are so many filters, so i was wondering which one is the best and easy to work with. any other suggestions are welcome. thanks for your responses!

check out our store. We have a good selection of filters, mounts, light etc..

GoPro Cameras / Speargun Camera Brackets

If you are interested in using a camera pole I suggest you also take a look at our Z Gear mono pole light light mount. It is the only adjustable light mount that you can attach to any camera pole, very practical item. The mount is even great to use a steady handle to hold on to, when using both hands.

s780561385371224093_p4_i6_w608.png

We also have other mount options if you would like to check out at www.zgearinc.com

I like using a pole as it allows me to get closer to the wildlife without scaring them. I use this one:
Amazon.com : GoPole REACH - Telescoping Extension Pole for GoPro HERO Cameras 17-40" : Digital Camera Accessory Kits : Camera & Photo

Also, I went inexpensive (not cheap) for a light mount. I bought a couple Mako lights with 150 degree angle light. Then mount them to the GoPole with these. Only $8 each but work great.
Nite Ize Lite Ride GT Light Mount

You will probably need to find a way to extend your lights outward away from the camera and also have a way to adjust the angle of the light. This will provide the right amount of light where you need it. This is what our light mount does for you.

Perhaps you can share some pics with everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom