SP-Gadgets POV Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I've been looking around for some light, too. However, the price tag on the Sola lights, are just too steep for me (as of currently). My friend has that light, and I was pretty impressed by it, however I went with the "Knog Qudos" POV light, and have been really impressed. I know it's only 400 lumen, but my buddy and I have compared them, and found the Qudos to be a lot brighter! I think he bought one too, now. I think the Qudos is waterproof to 40m aswell, so it shouldn't be a problem. (Just so you know, I don't work for Knog, haha). Looks pretty decent on the SRP Tray too!:D

Do you have any sample footage to share and how is the battery life?

Yeah, I've been looking around for some light, too. However, the price tag on the Sola lights, are just too steep for me (as of currently). My friend has that light, and I was pretty impressed by it, however I went with the "Knog Qudos" POV light, and have been really impressed. I know it's only 400 lumen, but my buddy and I have compared them, and found the Qudos to be a lot brighter! I think he bought one too, now. I think the Qudos is waterproof to 40m aswell, so it shouldn't be a problem. (Just so you know, I don't work for Knog, haha). Looks pretty decent on the SRP Tray too!:D

Do you have any sample footage to share and how is the battery life?

So far, the battery life has been fine. I'd say it probably last for 2 full GoPro charges (but that obviously depends on which mode you're using).
I'm sorry, I don't currently have any ''footage'' to share - but give it a YouTube search, there is a lot of videos on it.

I think the light from either would be sufficient for up close macro, however backscatter may be concern with having the light so close to the lens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom