Jaw Dropping Mayan Cenotes, twin SOLA lights, High Def

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RockyHeap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
These cenote dives are mentally mind blowing and quite the adrenaline rush.

It's a whole 'nother world down there diving in a Cenote freshwater cave in the million year old dark underworld of the Mayan Jungle in this secret cave.

I swore to secrecy it's location, and if you do know this site, sssssshhhhhhhh, no speaking of it's name :no: or the site will get trashed, it's too fragile and delicate for flailing nooby divers with little buoyancy skills. I had to earn my right to dive this site. :D I've dove about 9 of the sites in the Mayan Akumel / Tulum area.

This one is stellar stunning in person with chandeliers of 10-15 million year stone formations

Enjoy the short 4 minute video:

https://vimeo.com/114802443

I shot this with only twin tiny SOLA 600's lighting arms and a tray.

720p x 120 fps for smoothness, wide angle, no protune, no color tweeking in any post software.

I love my SOLA lights, I have two of their 2000 lumens lights coming later this week for Fiji next spring.

Geezus, I'm going from 1200 total lumens to 4000...........that's going to be nuclear underwater welding BRIGHT.

What does "mentally mind blowing" mean?

---------- Post added December 17th, 2014 at 07:05 PM ----------

These cenote dives are mentally mind blowing.

What does this mean?

Very nice and I can't wait to get down to Mexico. On the bucket list. Which camera were you using?

nice video

When i dove there three years ago the steps had not yet been built. We lowered our gear with ropes and climbed down an extension ladder. Here is a clip from my trip. turn on the hd setting for best results.

[vimeo]35518349[/vimeo]

Nice place! Remember low FPS (24-30) is best in dark conditions..... GoPro love the lights.

I'll take the 4x oversampling on the front end, at 720 - 120 FPS for butter smooth motion played back at Vimeo 30 FPS, at the expense of a few noise pixels.

I just got my twin SOLA 2000's today, thank you Santa Backscatter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom