Trouble moving files from gopro to computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Tried to upload to the computer win 7 and used the gopro app. It kept telling me to disconnect camera and try again. Never worked believe i have a corrupt file. We also ordered the adobe 13 for video. Has anyone run into this situation. We are using one of the recommended sd cards which is of high quality.
thnx in advance

---------- Post added January 22nd, 2015 at 07:33 PM ----------

Also tried on win 8.1

I drag and drop directly out of the camera from the windows explorer window. I've never used the go pro app...

It's also faster to use a memory card reader plugged into the computer's usb port. The files transfer in about half the time for me versus downloading from the camera itself.

It's also faster to use a memory card reader plugged into the computer's usb port. The files transfer in about half the time for me versus downloading from the camera itself.
I tried and it doesnt read the reader, might have to send the sd card and reader back to bh photo

I'm assuming you've tried it on two different computers since you said you've tried it on windows 7 and 8.1? That's strange the card reader isn't being picked up. Do you have another memory card you can try in the card reader, maybe your phone's micro SD?

SD card? is it a Hero or Hero 2 GoPro or is it a MicroSD, Mind telling us the brand and specifics, and how many hours of video you have on the card. Was it formatted in the camera before using?

I was just going to say that if the card was not formatted in the gopro you can have all kinds of issues.

We got the card and memory to work. I didnt format the card we will try that. It did play the vids on the tv but not when we tried to download it. Lexar 64 gb micro sd. We are waiting for this weekend to see if we can load it on the adobe 13. About 45 minutes of vid

FYI If you reformat you will lose everything on the card.

Sorry, are you trying to download through the video editing software or directly onto the computer HDD. Need to download directly to the HDD first and then open in the software. Transfer rate too slow to load off card into editor.

and don't format until you get the files off. Can you see the files with explorer (not the browser which is internet explorer) You know, my computer->find the SD card on GoPro->DICM etc.

If that doesn't work, try downloading an Ubuntu Linux iso and burn to DVD (or flash drive) and boot from that and see if you can download the files from Linux. That works sometimes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom