Quick ? - bring a GoPro on upcoming trip? Zero accesseries.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2ODoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was thinking of "borrowing" my son's GoPro for a trip to Coz. We don't have any filters, lights or anything. Just the housing that comes with it.

And... we don't have time to purchase any of that. I do have a short piece of PVC with a mount that we could bring.

Should I bring it? Does it do a decent job and worth bringing? I'll have a P&S camera for stills with us, if that matters.

I wouldn't dive without a filter and anti fog inserts. Amazon can overnight or do 2-day shipping if you don't have time.

Depending on how deep you plan to go the red filter not going to make a difference. At about 50 and below without lights everything will be blue. Above that you need it because it brings back the colors.

I would still bring it as it will make a great souvenir and what if you saw something and you missed it.

As small and light as it is, I thought I'd bring it, shoot some vids of dropping off the boat and maybe a shark grabbing my leg, etc.

Maybe they have the red filter in Cozumel for me to buy?

I would take it. Use it on a shallow dives. If you don't like the results, delete them and don't mess with anymore. I doesn't weight much and it doesn't take up much room. Have fun and post some of your stuff when you get back.

Make sure you use a lanyard, or something, so you don't lose it & put your contact info in it, just in case.

I use those address labels I keep getting in the mail. (inside the case)

Oh, and any light will help a little.

Any kind of anti fog inserts will be useful. Any dive shop will sell those (along with the red filter). Maybe in coz, too - I haven't been yet.

Even if you don't get anything - still bring it. Make a lanyard as 3d diver suggested.

Yes take it with you so you can get some video from your trip ... but as mentioned above buy some lanyard or maybe try to find bungee shock cord to secure your gopro.

With regards to anti-fog pads if you do not have time to buy one just use good quality KITCHEN TOWEL (gogle it how to do it) its cheaper but works the same

just remember check the oring before each dive
good luck and enjoy your trip

I'm told feminine napkins work too. (or bits thereof)

I did bring it and am on Coz now. Even at 20', everything is too blue, so I bought a red filter tonight $44). My point and shoot died before we left, so it's good to have something at least.

Back
Top Bottom