Straits of Mackinaw

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DudleyNMU

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wanted to give people a diving report. I dove The cederville and the William Young last week in the straits of mackinaw. Awsome Vis about 40+ foot. And water temps of 42 degrees at depth. One one thing went wrong....I tore a 5 inch hole in my dry suit. oops. Anyways you divers gotta get up there and try it out. It was my first time and i plan on going back soon.

I agree there are some awesome wrecks up there. I would toss in the Eber Ward and diving the bridge pilings as other interesting dives.

I agree about the straits. I dove there for the first time two weekends ago. We dove the Eber Ward, Fred McBrier, William Young and Minneapolis. We had 50 foot plus viz both days. It was unreal and the wrecks were incredible. I got some pretty nice photos on them. I'll definately be heading back there. Awesome diving.

DudleyNMU:
....I tore a 5 inch hole in my dry suit. oops.

how did you manage that?

also, i bet it wasn't much of a drysuit for the rest of that dive, eh? :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom