Looking for a buddy to dive with in Chicago area, as well as locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would try Haigh,they also have a web site with a post board to hook up with other
solo divers that need a bud,or head down on a weekend and hang in the shop= and ask if you can dive with some divers,As Tina will not let you go solo ,Pearl is on the North west side North Rockford,Also see several good clubs in your area,join one.
Welcome to diving, and some time next year as it warms up hit me up and come do a boat wreck dive on LakeMichigan!
Good luck and dive safe!
Brad

SplitFinJunkie:
Just completed my OW cert, looking for a buddy/place to dive. Anyone have some suggestions? THanks :)

Let me know, I could always use a buddy. Haigh is open through November and right now the water is still manageable even in a wet suit (although you will be very cold when you get out of the water!).

Let me know if you are interested in taking up Moneysavr's offer of Lake Michigan next year. I am always up for that!

I would second that...Haigh is a nice place to go around here...although the visibility sometimes leaves much to be desired. :) There's a number of us here on the board who are down there almost every weekend, weather permitting.

I am also recently certified. There is a group from Berry Aqua Paradise in Naperville going down to Haigh to carve pumpkins on Saturday at 10 or so. (I don't know where you live.) I am planning on joining them. Give them a call for more details. I am also looking for dive buddies.

the water is still manageable even in a wet suit (although you will be very cold when you get out of the water!).

Darn right, Dean...thank goodness for the hot cocoa! Great diving with ya'...yeah, 7mm was quite toasty last weekend, 58-62 temps at 44' max depth but I'm lookin' at drysuit purchase in the next few weeks.

...and I've never experienced the sulfur layer before this past weekend.

If you're looking for buddies, I would suggest going to the MIdwest Divers (IL) dive club based out of the Sea Lions dive shop in Hanover Park. There is a club meeting this Thursday 10/27/05!

click for more info

btw -I'm also the vice president!

O'Malley:
Darn right, Dean...thank goodness for the hot cocoa! Great diving with ya'...yeah, 7mm was quite toasty last weekend, 58-62 temps at 44' max depth but I'm lookin' at drysuit purchase in the next few weeks.

...and I've never experienced the sulfur layer before this past weekend.

And thank you for a great dive. Sorry about my leaky dry suit calling off the second one. If I had gone in a second time, you would have been definitely warmer than me! So, keeping it wet ended up giving you bragging rights!

Call me up next time you want to head out there.

I have to second the Midwest Divers club. They are a club that actually dives locally! Most others are social groups. Once again, that meeting is this Thursday.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom