You call it Junk we Call it a dive site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8lakesdiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Calling all quarry divers! what is the coolest thing you've seen in a quarry? Has there ever been something that you said man that would be cool to dive on?

We were having a conversation on holiday along these line.....

Would you go to a junk yard and come back raving about the steering column on a wrecked car? No - but I bet you would about a ships signal after a dive!

Also if the other half or your mum asked you to come for a walk in the park and look at all the pretty flowers and birds?

Kept us amused for hours!!!

Strange sport this......

the coolest thing I have dove in is a rock crusher. Can keep me entertained for a long time!!!
As for junk... well I would have to say it's an underwater kitchen complete with stove, frig, table, tv. Not what you would expect to see underwater, but it's amusing!!!!!!

Cindy
:pbounce:

That would throw you. The quarry we dive has a plane which is neat. But the most original has to be the new totem pole. I was thinking about sinking a huge burger king sign. I don't know yet if it can be broken though. I'm looking into it.

Dutch Springs has a crane that was sunk last year. It's pretty interesting with the boom resting on the island. I dove it a couple times last year but haven't been out to it this year.

Ty

Another quarry I dive has a toilet with a skeleton sitting on it. Can be kindda scary the first time you see it & didn't know it was down there. They also sank some large drainage pipes that you can swim through.

Cindy
:blfish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom