How to contact Straits Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

<*)))><

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've called the number on their website 1-866-329-DIVE many, many times. It rings but no one picks up and there isnt an answering machine.

Are they still in business?

Does anyone else charter the Straits? I'd like to get out this weekend.

Thanks

Got it, thank you!

American Dive Zone of Grand Rapids has Saturday and Sunday booked, check with them if they have any spots open. As of yesterday, there were still spots open for Friday.

I know this because I talked with Larry for a bit while getting our tanks filled on Sunday.

Been up there two weeks in a row, next week will be our third. Diving has been good when the water lays down. This weekend was great.

Did you get ahold of Straits Scuba? Let me know if you still need help, I can get ahold of Larry for you. Otherwise, next weekend, our local dive shop is doing charters there, I can hook you up with them.

Thanks guys. I was able to contact Straits Scuba and will be calling the local shops doing charters and see what I can work out. I really appreciate everyones help!

you might call Capt Paul at 269-370-3974

Tell him ComputerJoe sent you. :)

My son and I did a charter last Wednesday with Capt. Paul of Up North Charters (not sure if it is the same guy) out of Alpena. We dove the Montana, 70ft 32 min, and the Oscar Flint, 30ft 42 min, in Thunder Bay. Viz was about 20 ft and temp was 64 with thermocline at 60ft on the first dive and viz of 10-15ft and no thermo on the second dive. The thing I liked best is Capt. Paul will take small groups out (it was just my son and I) at no extra charge. We were going to dive the Grecian then the Montana but the Lake was a little too rough so we stayed in the bay.

Cman, good info. I don't believe it&#8217;s the same person (based on different ph #'s). The Montana sounds like a great dive. Because of your post I've got another dive I want to do before the weather shuts things down. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom