Lake Sixteen or Baptist still have ice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't been out that way, but all the lakes in Sister Lakes still have ice covering 90 percent of the surface. The shores are clear but the centers are still iced over.

Lake 16; boy it's been a while since I have been there.

Great dive!

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

I'll stop by Baptist Lake on the way home tonight & check it out. I'll post tonight or tomorrow.

I just checked Baptist Lake, it is still Ice covered. The only open water is in the first few feet around the shoreline, so it wouldn't even be safe to do an Ice Dive.
FYI: approx 2 weeks ago, I was Ice Diving @ Dayhuff Lake (NW of Cadillac) and at that time we had 20+" of ice. I never did check the other lakes around here, so I don't know how they would compare.

I just checked Baptist Lake, it is still Ice covered. The only open water is in the first few feet around the shoreline, so it wouldn't even be safe to do an Ice Dive.
FYI: approx 2 weeks ago, I was Ice Diving @ Dayhuff Lake (NW of Cadillac) and at that time we had 20+" of ice. I never did check the other lakes around here, so I don't know how they would compare.

Thanks for the update.

I stopped by Baptist Lake on the way home tonight. The Ice has turned dark blue and the open water @ the shoreline extends out 10-20'. It wouldn't surprize me if the ice is gone after tomorrow. I'll check again on Monday evening & give you a report

I'm supposed to do some training dives at Baptist this weekend for a class, so I'm crossing my fingers it will be dive-able.

I'm supposed to do some training dives at Baptist this weekend for a class, so I'm crossing my fingers it will be dive-able.

You shouldn't have a problem. I stopped by the lake yesterday. The only ice left is a 20' wide strip that was blown to the NE corner of the bay. That should be gone after today.

Jeff, when are you planning on going up? If you are going this weekend I work until 3pm both days, but could do some afternoon dives if you are in need of other divers....Im diving dry so temp doesnt bother me.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom