HOG Equipment Service Clinic at Scubafest in Columbus, Ohio. March 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am planning to offer the HOG Equipment Service Clinic at this next upcoming Scubafest in Columbus Ohio. The dates of the show are March 15th (evening), 16th, and 17th.

I will have my usual booth and be doing at least one presentation on a safety or training related topic at the show.

This is the course that will show HOG regulator owners, who have all the pre reqs met, to service their own regulators with the benefit of being shown how by an authorized instructor.

This is a TDI course and all TDI paperwork will be required and you will receive a TDI card.

Due to length of it and the amount of material covered I am looking at holding the HOG class on Friday the 15th from around 8:30 am until 6pm or so. Then I need to start setting up my booth. We will have a couple short breaks plus one for lunch.

There is the possibility of doing it on Monday if enough people wanted to do that but Friday is definitely the better choice.

I will require a minimum of two students to put this class on. You must have all the required tools, reading materials, and diving certs to do this class.

I will have service kits for you to purchase if needed. I will need to know two weeks in advance how many you will need.

Due to the arrangements that I will need to make with the hotel, a $100.00 deposit for the class will be required a minimum of 30 days ( by February 15th, 2013) in advance. In that vein registration for the class will close on that date unless other arrangements are made.

If a two person class is scheduled and we have a late comer the price difference will be refunded.

If I do not get enough people to do the class it will be refunded. Otherwise this deposit is non refundable.

Normal price for the class is 250.00 per person for three or more people. Two people is 285.00 each. Private one person class 325.00

Special Scubafest price - 225.00 per person for three or more. 260.00 each for two persons. 300.00 for private one person class.

For course outline and list of required tools and materials PM or email me.

This course does not authorize you to service regs for others. Only those HOG regs that you, yourself own!

I posted this on facebook and have one person interested so far. I know it's still several months away but I want to give insterested parties time to plan, acquire the tools and materials, and if necessary get the required technical diver cert(s) in line for this.

BTW if you need that TDI Nitrox, Intro to Tech, or other tech course contact me to see what your options are.

Look forward to seeing you at the show!

I'm interested but what pre reqs do I need cert wise. And I'll let us know if I'm going to be home on those dates as soon as possible

Just saw this. At work now and can't go into a lot of detail, but short version is own a HOG reg, have the required tools and text (Regulator Savvy), have a technical diving certification or what HOG considers a tech cert to be (ie an overhead such as ice even though it may be through a recreational agency is acceptable - any question just ask) , and the time and expenses for the class.
It's also good to have some mechanical aptitude.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Damn. Tools no problem, book no problem,reg check, tech cert will be hard to do as I'm short that right now and no time to do it while on tour... Crap. Maybe next time.

Last edited:
Jim

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out. Just got some of my tour schedule and won't be in the US at that time though either... Australia for about 4 weeks (already looking up dives, and the boss has already said we're staying an extra week ourselves for more).

Looking to start taking deposits for this HOG service clinic at Scubafest starting early December. Not only will you get a great education but I've decided to toss in one of my new UDM Aquatic Services T shirt for each student. Just include your size with the deposit. I will accept cash, check, money order, or paypal.

I now have one confirmed student for the HOG reg tech class at Scubafest in March so it's definitely on!

Those who wish to reserve their spot can do so now. I was going to wait to take reservations for spots starting next month but thought why not allow those who wish to sign up now. Call it your Black Friday gift to yourself. Or give it to your favorite HOG reg owner that has the necessary pre course requirements met.

In addition my presentation this year we be on the suitability of what some refer to as "tech gear" - Back Plate and Wings, Long hoses, Reels, SMB's, etc for new divers and OW students. I will be going over the benefits of these to the diver and to the instructor. I will have examples of all of them and be offering tips and deals to those who are interested.

Including an in booth mini clinic on demand in how to thread a plate, adjust the drings, add accessories, and secure them. And how to adjust the harness/plate to fit you, the diver. Stop by and see why you don't need to allow a mfg to tell you how your BC should fit. You decide and set it up for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom