Inland Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubamanEVP

Reaction score
Just wanted to check with some of the local divers in my area. I wanted to find out if besides the quarries, there are is any diving to be done in and around the SE MI area. Thanks in advance.

ScubamanEVP:
Just wanted to check with some of the local divers in my area. I wanted to find out if besides the quarries, there are is any diving to be done in and around the SE MI area. Thanks in advance.

I know that it's a ways from you, but we dive in Lake Fenton quite a bit durning the spring and fall. In the summer after the algea bloom, the vis gets kind of short. There is a pretty good group of divers that dive in the St. Marys River in Port Huron. There is plenty of beach diving in Southern Lake Huron as well. We go to Higgins Lake several times each season for diving there (but that isn't SE Michigan is it?) There has been some talk of diving a couple of the lakes in the Detroit Metro area on the board as well, but I haven't been down there. From SE Michigan, you are fairly close to Gilboa Quarry near Findlay, Ohio as well.

Hope this gives you some ideas...

ScubamanEVP:
We did a bottle dive in the St Claire river (at St Claire) with our LDS last summer. Viz was a bit low but we had a great time! Just have to go when the boat traffic is not too heavy, we went around 4:30 pm on a Tuesday. We hope to do it again this sumer!

frankenmuth_tom:
I know that it's a ways from you, but we dive in Lake Fenton quite a bit durning the spring and fall. In the summer after the algea bloom, the vis gets kind of short. There is a pretty good group of divers that dive in the St. Marys River in Port Huron. There is plenty of beach diving in Southern Lake Huron as well. We go to Higgins Lake several times each season for diving there (but that isn't SE Michigan is it?) There has been some talk of diving a couple of the lakes in the Detroit Metro area on the board as well, but I haven't been down there. From SE Michigan, you are fairly close to Gilboa Quarry near Findlay, Ohio as well.

Hope this gives you some ideas...

Also, portage quarry and white star are around Toledo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom