Biggest wreck in Great Lakes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone: Can anyone tell me what/where would be the biggest wreck within recreational depths of 130 in the Great Lakes? Thanks.

Cedarville in mackinaw. Or Jodray in St. lawrence river

+1 to Chris Kohl's book. It will probably have the most information on ship wrecks in the great lakes.

Another option is to download Google Earth then download and import the Ontario Underwater Council map (http://www.underwatercouncil.com/downloads/OUC_Dive_Ontario_Directory.kmz). It has a lot of diving site information in it. You'd have to hunt around the map however to find what you are looking for.

Cedarville is the biggest he has described in his two volumes of 100 top shipwrecks. Jodray is not in those volumes but may be in his other books. Thanks for the info. Any other candidates welcome as well.

+1 for the Cedarville while there dive the Eber Ward as well.
Both of them are worth several dives to see them entirely.
They can be a bit deeper than the '130 if you go to the sand but easily disable.
Being cold water / Great Lakes can be sporty at times just be prepared.
:)

CamG

Cedarville for sure. It's massive and a nice, short boat ride.

Humm let's see. I have always wanted to dive the Great Lakes and see some of the wrecks. I really have nobody to go with. Since I was stationed at Quantico and lived in Woodbridge, I know about where you are at. So you put it together, I drive up and pick you up and we split the gas to and from your place. What do you think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom