wetsuit repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hi...anybody know of a wetsuit repair shop in the chicago area? i just got a new bodyglove 5mm excursion w/glideskin (not!!) and need some wrist/ankle zippers...
thanks
eileen

Hi Eileen.

I can't help with the repair idea. But, have you tried wearing a diveskin and then trying to put the wetsuit on? Also, there are some threads that can be found using the search function about getting wetsuits on. Some of the ideas are plastic bags or a liquid soap mixture that helps the suit on.

Zippers may be the way to go. I just know they can be uncomfortable (for me at least!) and that you don't want the suit too loose so the water stays in and warms up.

Good luck.
Paula

Another item to try is the lube suit. One of my buddies has one and says without it she wouldn't able to get into her 7 mil suit. I think it cost around $30.

thanks, guys...paula, i DO wear a skin...even that didn't help. and i tried baby powder.
i think i'm going with the zippers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom