Ghost Ships Festival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDostal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Everyone,

Not sure how many of you are close to Milwaukee, WI - but if you are, check out the Ghost Ships Festival:

http://www.ghost-ships.org/ghost-ships/

It's a pretty cool even..I've gone to it before. Lots of neat presentations on wrecks, get to meet some of the authors of our favorite Great Lakes diving books...it's a good time! Plus there are lots of shops/charters/gear people there showing off their stuff.

Figured I'd throw it out here if anyone hadn't heard of it yet. I'm actually going to be there w/ a different forum (http://www.wiscuba.com) as we are a sponsor and are going to have a booth there...so stop by and say hi to Jason D if you make it.

Cool. It should be a decent time - I enjoyed it two years ago when I was able to go. Actually got to meet Chris Kohl and have him sign one of my diving guide books.

I will go and hope to make the "Ocean Wave" talk, Looks like a GREAT DIVE!!
Great Show,Also to See what Jerry has found also! Got to love that side scan!
Brad

If you are interested in diving in the Great Lakes or on wrecks, this is a good show to make some time for. The show has something to offer everyone from the new diver just starting their adventure to the experienced wreck crawler - from seminars to workshops to exhibits.

Maybe a late lunch on Saturday - say 2:00 or so? Scooters in the hotel will serve us a beer and maybe even a burger, anyone interested in an informal meet & greet?

I'd be up for it.

I'll be there. My group, Michigan Shipwreck Research Associates is presenting two programs. Join us for "Mystery Wreck at 40 Fathoms" -- the story of our recent discovery off Holland, Michigan, and for "The Disappearance of Flight 2501" -- the story of the tragic loss of a Northwest Airlines DC-4 airliner in 1950 off South Haven, Michigan and the 2004 joint search operations between Michigan Shipwreck Research Associates and Clive Cussler's NUMA organization.

Oldpirate:
I'll be there. My group, Michigan Shipwreck Research Associates is presenting two programs. Join us for "Mystery Wreck at 40 Fathoms" -- the story of our recent discovery off Holland, Michigan, and for "The Disappearance of Flight 2501" -- the story of the tragic loss of a Northwest Airlines DC-4 airliner in 1950 off South Haven, Michigan and the 2004 joint search operations between Michigan Shipwreck Research Associates and Clive Cussler's NUMA organization.

Craig,

Will your group being presenting either of these programs anywhere else / any other dates? I'm very interested in the programs but can't make it to Wisconsin this weekend.

Thanks in advance.
Paula

We'll have our own evening show on May 7 in Holland, Michigan. Other than that, we are open to invitations.

Swing on by the WIScuba.com booth - be happy to meet everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom