Puerto Rico: free airfare, hotel, 8 days/7 nights!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemistress

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
oh -- you thought i was OFFERING? sorry :)

a friend just offered this to me.

at first i was really excited -- she called me thursday, during the middle of our latest freakin' blizzard.

but now i'm doing my typical "to be or not to be act": should i stay or should i go? (duh-duh da da da da)

pro: SUN, WARM, FUN; interesting place; no virginia, no snow, no shoveling, no snow, no ice, no snow; and possibly DIVING! (yes, i know, diving around san juan supposedly sucks. but around the island, it's supposed to be pretty good.)

con: i don't know many of the people going; i'd have to be ready to leave tuesday, even tho i move like a tortoise; i'd still pay about $300 or so (unbudgeted) for meals, entertainment, etc.. and more for diving; i'd miss my (13-year-old) baby dog astro, and she'd miss me. AND NO ONE ELSE IN THE GROUP DIVES!!!

i'm being stupid, i know. but help me decide, PLEEZE????

DM

I'd be safe and warm
If I was in (home in) L.A.
California dreamin'
On such a winter's day

:confused: You are questioning whether or not you should leave the snow and go to Puerto Rico? I think that the answer is obvious. The diving will definitely be better than where you are now!! GO!

the ice and snow are affecting your ability to think...head to sunny climes before the damage is irreversible!

Your sanity deserves a second chance at life...whatever you do, make that flight :brain: :fly:

I think your instincts are right on the mark on this one. You shouldn't go. Please drop me a private message with your friends contact info and I will help her out by going (because thats the kind of guy I am).

whiteshark, bwerb,

thank you for helping talk me into my senses. i'll send you both postcards :)

seabass, on the other hand, i'll send YOU a PM telling you what i think of your suggestion :D

cheers,

dm

Back
Top Bottom