Jardines de la Reina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krissydt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone been to Jardines de la Reina in Cuba? Looking for advice on how to get there from Toronto Canada, good places to stay and the best time to go.

Would really like the same info , if anyone can help.

The only authorized live-aboards are through Avalon. See link here.

It is low season until the end of October. They offer one charter for 8 people at 6500 Euro...$8320 by today's exchange rate. I had some friends interested in going but can't. The price includes transfers from Havana, but not hotels in Havana. I believe you can fly to Cuba through Mexico, San Jose CR or Panama City, Panama.

If anyone is organizing a trip or going, please let me know. This is one place I'd like to dive. Be nice to dive warm water for a change and I find it hard to imagine not diving with sharks now. And ps...I speak Spanish. Having said all that, the way they allow divers and dive guides to manhandle sharks is horrific to me.

Been there twice. Best diving of my life. Am going back again, I'd happily go there every year. I saw more there on a single dive than in a whole week in the Bahamas, Antigua, Cancun, Acapulco, Cozumel, Bonaire, Saba, Roatan....sharks every day, quite the experience doing a dive with a dozen big Caribbean reef sharks swimming along with you and even following you up to the ladder.

Four or five dives a day if you chip in for the extras, great food on the boat every night. Night life consists of some nice wine, good company in several languages, a little salsa on the deck.

For real entertainment, if the Russian liveaboard is in the area and comes by for a visit you can watch them drink and show off the 200 ft depth records on their computers...on regular air.

Manhandling the sharks?? I have pictures, cuddling would be the word I'd use.

We are now offering dive trips to Jardines de la Reina from Toronto, working with Avalon the only dive operator permitted to dive there. I know this is probably way too late for your request, but if you know others wanting to go contact me via facebook. http://www.facebook.com/ScubaDestinationDeals or email me.

We are putting together a FAM trip for dive shop owners in Canada for September 2012, let your local dive shop know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom