Another great week with Scuba Fun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My son and I just got back from another great week of diving in the Dominican Republic with ScubaFun in Bayahibe. John has the best divemasters on the island (Igor is a riot) and his captains know the reefs better than anyone. The boats are big, comfortable and never crowded. I celebrated my birthday on the island this year and John surprised me with a memorable little treat! The dives were never rushed...there were enough divemasters on each trip that the heavy breathers could go up while the rest of us dove our profile. If you are planning to vacation in the Dominican Republic and want to dive, snorkel or just cruise over to Catalina or Saona island look up ScubaFun...you won't regret it. If anyone wants any specific information feel free to message me.

Bob (Toronto)

Looking to stay at Breezes Resort and dive with Scuba fun. Any suggestions on dive sites and schedules? I really enjoy diving in the morning and getting back to relax by the pool in early afternoon. Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Joel

Joel,
John will arrange to have you picked up by taxi in the morning around 8:20AM. You'll go out around 9AM and return to the shop around 12:30PM from which you'll get a cab back to your resort.
This is of course subject to Island Time.
Some days we were about an hour later coming back, mostly due to 70 minute dives, so no complaints.
John will get you out to the different dive sites spread over a week. Just go with the flow and tell him what type of diving you like.
In a week, you'll hit pretty much every site without repeating any.
Remember to bring cash as the CC surcharge is absurdly high.
You'll have a great time with Scuba Fun and John, Igor, and the rest of the bunch.
Just let them worry about the schedule.
John is plenty reachable via email as well.
Have fun!
Kees

Dhboner - did you stay in John's apartment? My wife and I are heading down to Bayahibe at the end of June/first of July.

Last edited:
Dhboner - did you stay in John's apartment? My wife and I are heading down to Bayahibe at the end of June/first of July.

No we stayed at Dreams but I have heard from quite a few folks that John's apartment is really nice!

Thanks. We stayed at Dreams the first time we went to DR and it was nice. We are staying in John's apartment the end of June/first of July.

We'll be right behind ya....staying at John's apartment second week of July, providing he gets the internet hooked up before then....
Looking forward to it!

I hope John has the internet hooked up by the time we get there. John said there are wifi available nearby if needed. My wife does tether with her phone (she will have an international data plan) but that is usually slow.

Hi, can anyone comment on the price of a taxi? I have no experience with The DR and we're going to be there in a month, just trying to plan a budget.

Hi, can anyone comment on the price of a taxi? I have no experience with The DR and we're going to be there in a month, just trying to plan a budget.

A taxi from where to where? If you are staying in Punta Cana and diving on the south coast it would be a very expensive ride.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom