Heading to Puerto Rico Next Week...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thedariolama

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
has anyone had any experience with either Scuba Dogs or Sea Ventures? Looking to do a day of diving in Fajardo and both seem like great options, wondering if anyone has any recent firsthand input. Thanks!

I just got back from PR this week. I hadn't been diving in 5 years, and got a refresher lesson from Scuba Dogs in Escambron Marine Park in San Juan. While the price was steep ($100 + tax) for a shore dive, the guys I worked with were professional and cool. They warned me up front that diving conditions weren't great because of the windy cold front blowing through, and that I might be disappointed. My instructor was excellent-- patient and encouraging while leading me through the standard refresher exercises (removing and replacing respirator, recovering lost respirator, blowing water out my mask), and guiding me through the dive in shallow water. This was supposed to be a dress rehearsal for an open water dive with Sea Ventures in Fajardo, but they were not taking people out this week due to the windy conditions. Big disappointment, but I guess I can't blame them for playing it safe.

Sea ventures won't actually leave the dock. Just FYI, don't waste your time.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Try Akuasport... I am not associated w them but they were referred by a good friend who has dive ops in the Southwest if PR. If you have time and want to head to the Southwest if the island let me know I can provide you some pointers...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom